Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 11:58 PM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] CRM in Gliders

At 22:32 9/06/2008, Emilis wrote:
hang gliding community appear to have emphasised
Air  Man  Ship
All are valid personal mnemonics for a personal safety checklist to
answer the basic question of "what am I doing here?" or "Am I
properly prepared for what I am about to undertake?"

Remember the multiple P's (with a potential prize for the most P's):

Proper Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Probable P155 Poor Performance

(Any advance on 9?)

Modern safety management philosophy includes each individual in the
system taking individual responsibility for the safe operation of all
aspects of the system where he/she is involved, and "management"
encouraging them to speak up if they see a problem.

from MOSP, only the pilot can initiate the launch sequence, but
anybody can - and must if they perceive a problem - stop it. The
launch should only go ahead if everybody permits it to.

The Threat & Error Management concept is good - but unfortunately as
yet the teaching material  does not include examples that are drawn
from our area of aviation practice. There are a number of us who want
to extend the utility of the material so as to give additional value
and usefulness of it.

Wombat