Hi Bob;

There is already a Web forum at:

http://www.gliderforum.com/

I have been using email forums sice the 1980s. So you are right - it is
so 20th century. But it is so much more efficient than a Web based
forum.

P.S.

I think you will find that there is not much activity on the Web forum
given above. Everybody is here, on the email list.

On Wed, 25 Nov 2009, Bob Dircks wrote:

> It seems I'm not doing it wrong, just that I've bbe spoilt by real forum
> format.
>
> Would this group consider a change to a real forum ?
>
> This is 20th century stuff!
>
> Bob
>
> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 1:20 AM, Mark Newton <new...@atdot.dotat.org> wrote:
>

> > On 24/11/2009, at 22:35, Bob Dircks <dircks....@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Am I doing it wrong ?
> >>

> > Yep.
> >

> > .......OR......... am I suggesting that the forum finds a supplier of
> >> better format ?
> >>

> > Aus-Soaring is a mailing list, not a web forum. You're supposed to interact
> > with it using your mail client.
> >
> > It's entirely possible that you've found some third-party web gateway, but
> > that's nothing to do with us, and if it feels clumsy you'd best complain to
> > whoever is providing it.
> >
> >   - mark

Peter F Bradshaw: http://www.exadios.com (public keys avaliable there).
Personal site: http://personal.exadios.com
"I love truth, and the way the government still uses it occasionally to
 keep us guessing." - Sam Kekovich.