My EW is the biggest piece of dud I have ever had. Its been back 2 times to the manufacturer to be fixed and it still doesn't work! Wasted $1200 on it. It now sits in the junk pile.
Not real happy about that. 2 out of the 3 we purchased don't work.
Patch

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Borgelt" <mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com> To: "Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia." <aus-soaring@lists.internode.on.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2010 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] TECHNICAL ALERT

Those of using EWMicrorecorders should be very careful to NEVER plug a FLARM connector into the EW by mistake.

The EW has built in reverse polarity protection but the FLARM cable by paralleling pins 1 and 2 and pins 7 and 8 on the connector defeats this.

Take care! Damage by this method constitutes misuse and is not covered by warranty. The damage is quite distinctive.

Mike
Borgelt Instruments - manufacturers of quality soaring instruments since 1978
phone Int'l + 61 746 355784
fax   Int'l + 61 746 358796
cellphone Int'l + 61 428 355784

email:   mborg...@borgeltinstruments.com