Michael Shirley wrote:
And according to BGA winching in the UK is 7 times more dangerous than
aerotow - from memory that's 7 times as many deaths as from aero towing.
Michael

As a innocent bystander, whose club uses winch launching, I think both of these statements really require further development and factual support before they can be beneficial to the discussion. It is helpful, indeed essential to know the ratio of winch to aerotow launches for the above figures to be worthy of serious consideration. I'm surprised that they've been omitted.

Terry