  From: Terry Neumann
  To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
  Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:36 AM
  Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Ground Clocks - a little bit of history

  Thanks Gary,   I was thinking about ringing Max myself to find out what
happened.   Apologies for the mistake in the time period; sometimes my
forgettory works better than my memory :-[      And no, I didn't realise that
there was a second version built....

  A couple of us have been speculating what he actually used as the time and
switching source for the whole project -  i.e. what actually was FRED, because
an worthwhile computer of that era was far from the portable devices we take
for granted these days.  There were enormous strides made in computer evolution
during that era, so with it being in the early 80's rather then the late 70's
as I earlier speculated, then something more 'commercial' might have been at
the heart of the system.    Did he enlarge on that at all ??

  regards,
  Terry