Bernie,

              Your correct; I’m very close to retirement age (some would
suggest past it),

own my own glider yet still have problems getting to camps and comps; in
fact I have

never competed because of the leave planning issues and I will have serious
scheduling

issues getting enough time off to attend our club camp this year; that will
change post

retirement.

Point being most of us have been in your position one way or another and
there is no

simple answer with so many competing agendas. I also don’t believe anyone
could de-conflict

every event, but having a centralised calendar would enable people to make
decisions and plan,

and as one person has already pointed out it’s great to see so many events
available to members

and so many events fully subscribed.

Regardless of if an event is on the GFA Calender or not, and a good event
organisers will employ multiple

avenues to promote their event, we can’t attend them all, there are
insufficient hours in the year; the important

thing is that you attend the ones you want to ;)

SDF