Perhaps best treated as an opportunity to meet new and interesting people.
I’ve had plenty of outlandings (some would say too many…), and only once had
a negative reaction from a farmer who watched me land right next to Gawler.
I took his hostility as a challenge to win him over. While I enjoyed
measured success in the goodwill stakes, his parting comment was ‘you fought
hard Blue, I was barracking for you to stay in the air – you deserved to’,
which helped my ego no end.

I had the most wonderful afternoon drinking homemade wine with Mario,
overlooking a beautiful valley in Italy, while waiting for Tim to come and
rescue me after I’d plonked the glider into his pea paddock.. It’s a memory
I’ll take fondly to my grave.

Then there was the time….

I like Tim’s advice – be positive and friendly.

Simon