I absolutley agree with DMcD regards bifovcals and flying. Multifocals are
a dead loss with great reduction in peripheral acuity (not vision). I find
the wider field of accurate vision available to me with bifocals at work
essential for watching my F/0s panel.

I have the split right on the instrument panel top level which also just
happens to suit gliders.

Ron