I've been a contact lens user for about 8 years now.

Compared to glasses, they're amazing.  No comparison.  Glasses have distortion
around the
edges which affect your peripheral vision, micro scratches which put fringes
and starbursts
around bright lights at night, and an annoying ability to become almost
impossible to see through
in rain or snow.  Contacts have none of those problems, I get crystal clear
vision all the time.  I'll
never go back to wearing glasses regularly.

On Aug 19, 2013, at 11:20 AM, Niall Doherty <t...@tpg.com.au> wrote:
>  Eye hygiene is important though - no swimming or showering in them,
> clean hands before touching; and use really good lens cleaner - peroxide
> based is best.

I developed an allergy to at least one of the ingredients in the cleaning
solution I was using
after a few years.  I'm told it's reasonably common.  Manifests itself as red,
itchy, dry eyes,
occasionally requiring removal of the lens and rehydration of the eye.

I switched brands/formulations and haven't had a problem since.

I'm using astigmatic correction lenses.

  - mark