The disadvantage of numbers is that pilots remember names much better than
numbers and also visualise the flight better if they are familiar with the site.

Harry

From: Mike Borgelt
Sent: Wednesday, January 08, 2014 9:19 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Turnpoints

With the added advantage that casual visitors to the contest have no idea where
the task is for the day :-)

Mike

At 07:06 PM 7/01/2014, you wrote:

  Hi Ron, apparently it was requested by the pilots at a recent nats pilot
meeting (maybe Benalla) and is now in the guidelines. Makes inputting tasks to
a device easier.

  Regards Grant.

  Grant Hudson

  > On 7 Jan 2014, at 19:21, Ron Sanders <resand...@gmail.com> wrote:
  >
  > Everybody just a question about the arrangement of turn points.
  >
  > I noticed at Kingaroy and now at Waikerie that turn points are being
  > described primarily by numbers these days. I was wondering if any body
  > can tell me why??
  > Don't care one way or the other just interested to know if some body
  > has made some kind of policy decision.
  >
  > Ron
Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation
since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                 :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia