Yep and when I looked at the task board the other day I had no idea where they were going... and I've done a lot of cross country gliding out of Waikerie.

Mike

At 09:45 AM 8/01/2014, you wrote:

The names are a combined number and name, not just a number.
eg 47PATA
MT

From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net [mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mike Borgelt
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 8:49 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Turnpoints

With the added advantage that casual visitors to the contest have no idea where the task is for the day :-)

Mike

At 07:06 PM 7/01/2014, you wrote:

Hi Ron, apparently it was requested by the pilots at a recent nats pilot meeting (maybe Benalla) and is now in the guidelines. Makes inputting tasks to a device easier.

Regards Grant.

Grant Hudson

> On 7 Jan 2014, at 19:21, Ron Sanders <<mailto:resand...@gmail.com>resand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Everybody just a question about the arrangement of turn points.
>
> I noticed at Kingaroy and now at Waikerie that turn points are being
> described primarily by numbers these days. I was wondering if any body
> can tell me why??
> Don't care one way or the other just interested to know if some body
> has made some kind of policy decision.
>
> Ron

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
<http://www.borgeltinstruments.com/>www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                 :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia