I can't really see the problem unless the Sports Committee Guidelines have been written so that the organisers are not allowed to use the full names in displays to the public.

Cheers

Tim

On 08/01/2014 11:31, Mike Borgelt wrote:
Yep and when I looked at the task board the other day I had no idea where they were going... and I've done a lot of cross country gliding out of Waikerie.

Mike

At 09:45 AM 8/01/2014, you wrote:

The names are a combined number and name, not just a number.
eg 47PATA
MT

From: aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net [ mailto:aus-soaring-boun...@lists.internode.on.net] On Behalf Of Mike Borgelt
Sent: Wednesday, 8 January 2014 8:49 AM
To: Discussion of issues relating to Soaring in Australia.
Subject: Re: [Aus-soaring] Turnpoints

With the added advantage that casual visitors to the contest have no idea where the task is for the day :-)

Mike

At 07:06 PM 7/01/2014, you wrote:

Hi Ron, apparently it was requested by the pilots at a recent nats pilot meeting (maybe Benalla) and is now in the guidelines. Makes inputting tasks to a device easier.

Regards Grant.

Grant Hudson

> On 7 Jan 2014, at 19:21, Ron Sanders <resand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Everybody just a question about the arrangement of turn points.
>
> I noticed at Kingaroy and now at Waikerie that turn points are being
> described primarily by numbers these days. I was wondering if any body
> can tell me why??
> Don't care one way or the other just interested to know if some body
> has made some kind of policy decision.
>
> Ron

Borgelt Instruments - design & manufacture of quality soaring instrumentation since 1978
www.borgeltinstruments.com
tel:   07 4635 5784     overseas: int+61-7-4635 5784
mob: 042835 5784                 :  int+61-42835 5784
P O Box 4607, Toowoomba East, QLD 4350, Australia