Hi Harry

The dual car system is working well, plenty of power, tension control,
no cable breaks, no drum tangles and quick turnaround.

How is your winch going ?

Compared to Australia, the BGA have done a lot of winch launching so it
makes sense to look carefully at what they had done.

I have read much of the material published on the BGA website about safe
winch launching and much of it seems applicable to our operations, however
I welcome input from others in Australia experienced at winch launching.

The GFA sets a minumum, however as I understand it  there is nothing to
stop individual Clubs that are concerned about safety to up the minimum
winch launch speed to a higher figure such as 1.5 Vs.

We do a lot of aerotowing in Australia so we should do a safe aerotowing
initiative for the Brits to follow although they have already beaten us
to it. !

Cheers

Michael

---