Date:        Mon, 24 Feb 2020 15:27:22 -0800
    From:        Nick Stoughton <nickstough...@gmail.com>

  | XRAT states "The restriction on ending a name with a <colon> is to allow
  | future implementations that support
  | named labels for flow control; see the RATIONALE for the break built-in
  | utility.",

Ah.  Thanks for that.   I missed that part, and certainly never thought to
look at the pages for break ...

But we can even keep that possibility (as unimplemented as it is) alive
(I guess it sounded like a good idea at the time ... it still does, just
not so good as to be worth spending any effort implementing), by only allowing
such labels to be a NAME with an appended ':'.   Since that is all new
(fictional) usage, we can restrict it however we like...

Then we have the entire remaining name space (anything that is not a NAME)
with a solon appended to use to invent new reserved words as needed, by
making them something that is not a NAME (anything really) with a ':' appended
(it just needs to not require quoting).

One obvious example would be to end with two colons eg: statz::   or we
could do away with the s/s/z/ stuff as no longer being needed, and just
use   stats::   (I still prefer not to imply only timing related statistics
should be available by using anyything suggestive of that).