hi all

Thanks for the feedback. We will look into what can be done

regards
Andrew

> On 27 Jun 2023, at 17:13, Roland Illig via austin-group-l at The Open Group
> <austin-group-l@opengroup.org> wrote:
>
> Am 27.06.2023 um 13:53 schrieb Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open
> Group:
>>    Date:        Tue, 27 Jun 2023 10:36:32 +0100
>>    From:        "Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group"
>> <austin-group-l@opengroup.org>
>>
>>  | To get hold of the latest build you need gitlab access.
>>
>> I suspect Roland was asking for something a bit less than that (though
>> he might accept that as an access method - I wouldn't).
>
> Exactly. My idea was to have an automatically updated document within
> the restricted area, so that all interested parties can download that
> document daily to see the latest changes in context.
>
> It seems I'm the first asking for such a document, so it could even be
> that my approach is impractical, but many Open Source projects follow
> this approach, so it cannot be completely wrong. Getting GitLab access
> indeed sounds like too much asked. Looking at the actual troff source
> code would be interesting but in no way necessary just to review the
> document.
>
> So if possible, I'd still like to see the latest build of the PDF being
> published on https://www.opengroup.org/austin/restricted/, maybe with a
> big fat warning saying that this document shall not be used to report bugs.
>
> Without that document, I'd have to take Draft 3 and merge all changes
> from the applied issues manually to it, which is an error-prone,
> time-consuming and boring task, therefore I won't do that, which means I
> won't report further inconsistencies in the standard.
>
> Roland

--------
Andrew Josey                    The Open Group
Austin Group Chair
Email: a.jo...@opengroup.org
Apex Plaza, Forbury Road,Reading,Berks.RG1 1AX,England

To learn how we maintain your privacy, please review The Open Group Privacy
Statement at http://www.opengroup.org/privacy.
To unsubscribe/opt-out from this mailing list login to The Open Group
collaboration portal at
https://collaboration.opengroup.org/operational/portal.php?action=unsub&listid=2481