Hello,

I ran a mass rebuild on Fedora for packages that depend on automake with
this version. Out of 1330 packages built, I found the following failures.

NetworkManager:
Use of uninitialized value $var in string eq at
/usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/Variable.pm line 754, <GEN2> line 1169.
x2gokdrive
Use of uninitialized value $var in string eq at
/usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/Variable.pm line 754, <GEN109> line 47.
xorg-x11-server
Use of uninitialized value $var in string eq at
/usr/share/automake-1.16/Automake/Variable.pm line 754, <GEN109> line 47.

This one is likely less critical, I'd assume a fix is needed in the
corresponding component:

ddclient:

automake: warnings are treated as errors
Makefile.am:20: warning: escaping \# comment markers is not portable

Best regards,

Fred.