On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM,
Guerrier-cachalot<guerrier.cacha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And the speed ?? And the memory footprint ?? Ô developpers of Awesome, don't
> make this awful mistake. If you want a WM entirely written in hig-level
> langage, rewrite it in Ada or java, or use pywm.

Lua's actually one of the best-performing scripting languages out
there, actually much faster than Python.

Also, we're not exactly doing 3D games here. You won't notice the
speed difference on pretty much any hardware.

Also, scripting languages wrapping C libraries (like what we have here
intensively with our main core and our dependencies) are very well
performing.

Finally, at the moment, the great majority of Awesome functionality is
in Lua, and the memory footprint is tiny. Currently, my awesome is
using 0.3% of my RAM, which is less than say, gnome-system-monitor :P

-AT

(Resend. Goddamn reply headers! Working on moving away from gmail, I guess.)