On 08/06/09 06:04, Andrei Thorp wrote:
On Sun, Jun 7, 2009 at 4:43 PM,
Guerrier-cachalot<guerrier.cacha...@gmail.com>  wrote:
And the speed ?? And the memory footprint ?? Ô developpers of Awesome, don't
make this awful mistake. If you want a WM entirely written in hig-level
langage, rewrite it in Ada or java, or use pywm.

Lua's actually one of the best-performing scripting languages out
there, actually much faster than Python.
I don't think so.
Also, we're not exactly doing 3D games here. You won't notice the
speed difference on pretty much any hardware.
Not only all is speed, Lua is can be good for configs, yes it is simple, but sometimes (like writing the core) the simplicity becomes nasty.
Sometimes we need a little bit of more functionality.

Cheers.

Ángel Alonso.