I'm a user of larswm tiling window manager, but thought to try out
awesome, as larswm starts to feel a little bit dated somehow.

Wanting to quickly get a usable system set up, to be able to continue
configuring, I would like to ask how to set up the following functions.
I'm mostly using the tiled layout, with 1 master window on the left.

1) A key (typically Alt-Tab) to swap between master window and the
top-most window in the right stack (called slaves in awesome?).
Leaving focus still in the master window.

2) A key (Shift-Alt-Tab) to cycle clockwise by moving bottom window
from right stack into master position, and the master window to top-
position on the right; shifting all windows around.
Still leaving focus in master window.

I tried fiddling a little bit with existing client swap functions, but
I'm just a beginner with lua and the whole system...

many thanks

(On a side note, I also wonder if awesome supports NOT resizing windows
while they reside in the right stack, so that when they are moved to master
position, they will have kept their contents (in case of programs/window
which are not able to redraw themselves properly, typically any kind of
text left in an xterm after a program quit. Also programs which take lots
of time or effort when they are resized will be kept calm)