Hello,

I have a small issue with awesome : I sometimes plug my laptop to an
external
screen and then issue  an xrandr command to make the new screen available.
Then,
Awesome restarts. And I am not pleased with the way it deals with clients :
clients with no rule in my rc.lua (like my urxvt-terms) stay on the laptop
screen (the former main screen) and I would like them to go on the new main
screen (while keeping their tags positions). I have searched and read some
old
threads of the mailing list, and apparently there is no way to store these
positions before restarting. I wonder however if it would be possible to
make a
transfer-to-mainscreen.lua (or sh) script using some awesome-client magic
to do it.

Say something like:

for k,c in awful.client.cycle(true,2)
do
  newtagtable = ...
  c.tags = newtagtable
  … // whatever should appear here
done

However, I am not sufficiently experienced with awful and lua coding to:
- complete the code to make it work
- know where and how to pass those commands to awesome-client

If anyone could help me by bringing me a step further, I would really
appreciate!

Thank you very much in advance.