2012/4/30 Hans Georg Schaathun <ge...@schaathun.net>:
> It would be very convenient if all screens could share one
> list of tags, such that any tag could be picked up by any
> screen at any time.
>
> (...)
>
> I cannot see any reason not to let all screens use the same
> global list of tags.

I am not sure if I have understood you correctly, but check i3 - it
shares tags between screens and adds them on the fly when needed.

BTW this is another reason why I am using awesome, and why I do not
agree that i3 'implements multi-monitor correctly', as it can be read
on their webpage.
i3 is a good WM (wow, can't believe writing this on awesome mailing
list :)), but in real multihead environments (like three or more
monitors) awesome just shines and treads i3 into the ground effortlessly
and with a smile - exactly because it has separate taglist for all
screens.

Other option is that I have not understood your intention and you were
thinking of something different :)

br,
Paweł