On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 04:06:54PM +0200, Christopher R. Parr wrote:
> [...]
> Well first of all I know the wiki on awesome.naquadah.org. But I'd
> like to make it more entry level accessible - and multilingual. That's
> why I'm thinking about recreating awesomnia.org as a forum primarily.
> [...]

I think a wiki is a really straightforward way for people to get info and
contribute. And the wiki is already mutli-lingual (at
least some pages), so it'd be more awesome (pun intended) if you put the time
and effort you spend in creating a different community
than the wiki, the IRC channel and the mailing lists, into maybe translating
some pages on the wiki, hang around in the IRC channel
(oftc/#awesome) and follow/contribute to the mailing lists. Concentrated
efforts in few places vs. splitting and duplicating bits of
information is IMHO a good thing.

> [...]
> Maybe I'd also include a wiki... I'm not sure yet.
> [...]

Kind of contradicting yourself here... The official wiki is not newbie friendly
enough but yours will be? Then help with the
official wiki, registration is free and you don't need to administer the
backend and can focus on content.

--
    Gregor Best