Hi everyone,
thanks a lot for helping me and sorry for responding that late,
unfortunately I was unexpected busy last week and thus had no time to
deal with that matter.

I examined this part of code:

> awful.key({ modkey }, "F2",
>               function (c)
>                  local tak = tags[1].getn(1) -- this shall give me the tag
> next to the active one on the right
>                  awful.client.movetotag(tak, c) --this puts the active client
> "c" to the tag with the number tak
>                  awful.tag.viewonly(tak)  --this sets the tag where the
> client have been put active
>                  c:raise() --this sets the moved client on top of all on the
> new tag (just relevant with floating clients, I think)
>               end),

But tags[1].getn(1) produces an error: "attempt to call field 'getn' (a
nil value)"
Might happen because "tags" is an awful.tag-object and I can't find a
"getn"-function in awesome's reference entry for awful.tag.
"tags[1].getn()" without a number does the same (no surprise if I really
call a nonexisting function).

The line of the original given function "local tak =
myrc.tagman.getn(1)" complains about a nil-value right at "myrc". Maybe
I just have do adapt "myrc" and "tagman", but I don't really know what
type of object they are.
Maybe you can help me again?

Thanks
Manuel