> Not designed for OO programming

Yes it is ! I thought that too at first when I didn't really know lua. The OO in Lua is not based on Class but on Prototype with the table. You should get a copy of "Programming in Lua" from Roberto Ierusalimschy it is really worth it.

> Does anyone would be interested in using Python (or another one : Ruby, ???) instead ?

For Ruby that I really like (I contribute to ruby-gnome and ruby-opengl bindings) I think that lua is by far a best choice if you want to embed an interpreter in your application and want it to be ligthweigth.

Some of the ruby dev work on mruby a lightweight alternative to ruby http://www.mruby.org/

Regards

https://github.com/cedlemo