Hi Alan,

Alan Bateman said the following on 04/20/11 01:46:
I'm currently looking at the location of our native libraries (the context is jigsaw, not jdk7) and I'm wondering about xawt/libmawt.so and headless/libmawt.so. Would I be correct to say that they aren't strictly required to be a sub-directory and if given unique names there wouldn't be an issue if they were located in the same directory as the other native libraries for the desktop area?

libmawt.so is known to the VM. We use it with Embedded to detect if we are currently running our headless JRE or not: if xawt/libmawt.so (or motif21/libxawt.so) isn't present then it is an Embedded headless JRE.

So any change here would have to be coordinated with a VM change.

Glad I was subscribing to this list :)

David