----- Original Message -----

> On 2014-02-12 18:47, Andrew Hughes wrote:
> >> To be extremely clear: Andrew, do you object to bringing Omairs patch,
> >> as it is, into OpenJDK?
> >>
> > Yes.
>
> Okay then.
>
> I'll put a mental note to revisit libpng when cleaning up libraries.m4.
> Are we in agreement that it should to the following:
> --with-libpng=bundled | system | <some path>
> and if "system" is selected, it should first check with pkg-config, and
> only if that fails, try hard-coded values. In any case it should try to
> compile a short code to see that it works properly. (This is not needed
> for bundled; that is assumed to be working).

I'd rather it was simply --enable-system-libpng. I see no reason to specify
a value, as I don't see how that could encode all of the needed CFLAGS
and LDFLAGS.

--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

PGP Key: 248BDC07 (https://keys.indymedia.org/)
Fingerprint = EC5A 1F5E C0AD 1D15 8F1F  8F91 3B96 A578 248B DC07