Actually, I just noticed that we are indeed setting -def: to the linker. Please leave the .def files in the patch.

/Erik

On 2015-03-24 15:55, Erik Joelsson wrote:

On 2015-03-24 14:08, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:

JavaAccessBridge.DEF is pretty empty.  I'll see if the build will work
without it.

WinAccessBridge.DEF seems like it might be needed.  What do you think?

Is it accessed by the compiler? Unless it is given as input to the compiler or linker command line, it is not used in the build. Unless the microsoft compiler does some magic trick and picks up files unasked based on filename, that is. (Unlikely but not impossible, but I'd like to see that proved.)

The .DEF file is not used unless the linker is called with '-def file.def'. AFAIK, we never did that in the jdk build. More info can be found here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/28d6s79h.aspx

/Erik