On 24.11.16 18:50, Semyon Sadetsky wrote:
Can you point to the spec where this is specified? "common usecase"
doesn't look as a satisfactory reason.

There is no such specification, but it is how we usually access the properties, and the current code follow it.

I think a user may want to switch the screenshot algorithm in runtime
and I don't see the reason why do not allow this.

There are should be an opposite vision. This is not a public api(this property is for debug only) and we should limit its usage and possible abuse by the application.

--
Best regards, Sergey.