From: Koh Meng
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 2004 11:14 PM
Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Product Costing and Posting in Production

Hi,

Really thanks for your reply.  May I know how does the system handle the ledger posting when :

1. The Picking list is being posted.
2. The Route Card is being posted.
3. When Production is report as finished
4. When the Costing is run and the final product is being costed.

FYI, I've chosen Item + Workcenters to be my posting type.
Thousands thanks.
Joel WU <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
This is only what my company is doing, just for reference.

One of the possible solution is to embed the production cost (not material) into the routing, and work centre, so when the production order complete and post to ledger module, it can capture the cost.

And if your company is use standard costing method (Every Single item have a standard cost of it), you can put the standard cost into the inventory->Price.
So that everytime post a production order, it will separate the material cost and other cost.

Joel