Hi,

The finalize() method works on the class object. This is not a static function.

When you call Finalize method ( this.finalize() ), that deallocates the memory for the class object and closes the handle of the object if any...means complete flusing out...

so bottomline,

Myclass myClass;

 myClass = New MyClass();

 myClass.finalize().....

I know this much only..May be someone from the group can share broader exp...

Thanks & regards,
subbu

sdupontel1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Subbu,

Yes but the syntax is not correct no ?
Is it rather : objectHandle.finalize() ?
For class is it rather : class::finalize()?

Thank you

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Subrahmanyam,
Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi ,

> I assume you are asking a 'Honest' question. ( Not because of you
got in the exam :-) )

> Yes. Its like a garbage collector in JAVA and Delete call in C++.

> So If you have explicitly allocated a block of memory for a class (
Potentially your 'own' class )
> in order to realse the memory , You Need to call
this.......................

> But I donlt where its allcated..But in C++/Java, Its always
allocated on the stack....

> Good Luck.

> Thanks & Regards,
> subbu

> sdupontel1 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can we remove a class from memory using this syntax :
<class>.finalize
> () ?
>
> Thank you
>
> Best regards