Just my thoughts.

What is the problem if you use

                      while select CustTable
                      <ur index>
                     group by AccountNuM, Name Asc

                {
                         <your Code>
                }

  Would that survive your purpose by grouping them in the same order?

 Best of luck,
subbu

Varden Morris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Vishnu,

Use the Group By clause for AccountNum field and then use and index for the Name field. Something like:

while select custTable index NameIdx Group by AccountNum

{

    <Code goes here>;

}

Where NameIdx is the index on the Name field.

Hope this help.

Varden Morris

Girish Bhatkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
X++ DOES NOT allow to use both in the same select
statement.  this is one of the main difference between
X++ and SQL.

--- vishnu verma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>