We can use both Movement as well as P&L  journal to update the Inventory and apart from it we can also use Inventory counting journal for this purpose.

but the problem is InventDim while uploading via any of the Inventory Journals

Those who have seen the code posted on harry site is no doubt fabulous Moreover I already tried the code mentioned by subbu to pass the InventDim but when any record in InventJournalTrans gonna write(), the method again passes InventDimId to InventJournalTans other than ours..??

I hope u got my point.If not pls do let me know..

BTW Happy Diwali to u all.

"Subrahmanyam, Mamidi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have read it again the material. I can conclude that we can use any one of them.

You are right Giri.

Because when we use Movement journal, we have an option of using offset GL account so that she can post it to Inventory GL account and offset GL account....

-subbu

Girish Bhatkal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Priyank, are you sure you want to use Profit/loss
journal to include the opening inventory in the
system. I feel using Movement journal is a more
appropriate one to include the opening inventory.
    It would be better if other people also gives
their opinions on which journal to be used.