Hi,

Could you please explain your answer to this question a bit more
detailed for me?

I'm having the same problem with the production scheduling and
couldn't figure out how to solve it with the solution you mention.

If we have a work center group (WCG) with 2 workers in it, working
in shifts. Worker 1 (W1) is working between 08:00-14:00 and worker 2
(W2) is working between 14:00-20:00.
I assign the work to this WCG on the route.
Let's say that the process time is 1 hours per product.
I sell 9 items and run the master scheduling for "job scheduling"  I
will have 9 hours of workload in total. (1 hours per product X 9
peaces)
The system assigns the work to the W1 in the morning for 6 hours
(between 08:00-14:00) and for the left 3 hours of work it waits
until the next day 08:00 o'clock until the W1 becomes available
again. The W2 sits free by this time without any workload. Normally
we expect the system to assign the left 3 hours to the W2 to
continue in the second shift. But it doesn't.

This is really very critical for me right now.

Thanks in advance
NU

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, Michael Spadaro
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Harry;
>
> That seems to be the way to work around this shortcoming in Axapta.
>
> ms
>
> "Harry (Harshawardhan Deshpande" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi
>
> Do you see any issue if you use a single work center with a single
calender (inclusive of multiple shifts)? (may be the number of
workers differ from shift to shift?)

> regards
>
> harry
>
> mspadaro2 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello All;
>
> In the plant where Axapta is used, there are 3 shifts - 1st, 2nd
and
> 3rd.  We are trying to schedule people who assemble equipment. An
> assembly operation usually takes more hours than can be
accomplished
> in a single shift.  Therefore, people on the next shift take over
> and continue assembling the equipment.
>
> I have a single work center group set up that contains individual
> work centers.  The work centers are of type 'Human Resource' and
> represent each of the assembly people. I also have three calendars
> set up - one for each shift.  The work centers contain the
> appropriate calendar for the shift the person works.
>
> Whenever I run job scheduling for the production order it always
> uses a single work center and schedules it out for multiple
> consecutive days, scheduling only one shift per day. I want it to
> schedule all three shifts in a single day - the first shift work
> center, then the second shift work center, then the third shift
work
> center. After a single day of all three shifts having been
> scheduled, then it should begin the process again for the next day
> until all of the demand is satisfied.
>
> In the route, I have set the 'Quantity of Work Centers' field to 3
> and it still does not schedule consecutive shifts per day. In
fact,
> I get an interesting error.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Michael Spadaro
> Clients First Business Solutions

> http://mail.yahoo.com

> Business finance course Business to business finance Small
business finance Business finance consultant Business finance
magazine Business finance schools