Thanks sure this was a help
So its supposed that whenever a depreciation is posted it will show
in the AssetTrans as a transaction and in the AssetBook the lastDate
depreciation will be updated right?

Here is my problem: some depreciation transactions, about 30
transactions, which appear in AssetTrans say ex, for Dec06, are not
showing or lastdepreciationdate is not updated in AssetBook or just
few are updated about 5. this is not the case for all months. Do you
have an idea about this?

One more thing what is the best report that shows depreciation amount
per a date range?

thanks,
--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "novembercalendar"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Kareem
>
> AssetBook & AssetTable contain records of each asset added to the
fixed
> asset module - each table has different fields regarding each
asset.
> These tables get updated each time a new asset is created.  The
> AssetTable include info such as name, assetgroup, serial numbers,
> location, technical info, etc.  Fields populated when navigating in
> Axapta:  GL>Fixed Assets (highlight an asset)  See the General/Tech
> information/etc..tabs.
>
> The AssetBook contains info on the same asset, same navigation,
click
> on the "Value models" button. Fields include status, posting layer,
> acquisition price, Depreciation info such as life, life remaining,
last
> time depreciation was last run (this get's auto updated each time
> depreciation is posted for that asset)
>
> The Assettrans are the transactions - i.e.
> Acquisition/depreciation/disposals, etc... processed against that
asset.

> Equate the relationship between AssetBook/AssetTable with
Assettrans to
> the relationship between VendTable (includes all info on vendors)
and
> the Vendtrans - actual transactions.
>
> Hope this helps,
> :)
>

> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Kareem"
> <behind_memories@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I want to know more about these two tables: AssetBook and
AssetTrans.