Yes, the last depreciation date should be updated - but only on
transactions processed through the depreciation proposal.

On the transactions that you do not see updating the last date
depreciation run - were they transactions thru a depreciation
proposal, or was it a "Manual" depreciation entry?

Another thing to make note of, the table does hold two fields
labeled as last date depreciation  - one's for regular depreciation
& the other is for extraordinary depreciation - check to make sure
you are looking at the right field.

Another thing we had noticed - that last depreciation date field can
be manually updated by the user - in our case, we found out that the
user accidently blanked it out.  It makes the system try to start
depreciation all over again.  Not a good thing... So thru security I
turned these field off.

On reports - Since we pull reports for multiple companies, any
reports within Axapta limits us per company.  So, we built a fixed
asset transaction listing report thru terminal services - there's
probably some you could use though.

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Kareem"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks sure this was a help
> So its supposed that whenever a depreciation is posted it will
show
> in the AssetTrans as a transaction and in the AssetBook the
lastDate
> depreciation will be updated right?
>
> Here is my problem: some depreciation transactions, about 30
> transactions, which appear in AssetTrans say ex, for Dec06, are
not
> showing or lastdepreciationdate is not updated in AssetBook or
just
> few are updated about 5. this is not the case for all months. Do
you
> have an idea about this?
>
> One more thing what is the best report that shows depreciation
amount
> per a date range?
>
> thanks,
> --- In Axapta-Knowledge-
[EMAIL PROTECTED], "novembercalendar"
> <novembercalendar@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kareem
> >
> > AssetBook & AssetTable contain records of each asset added to
the
> fixed
> > asset module - each table has different fields regarding each
> asset.
> > These tables get updated each time a new asset is created.  The
> > AssetTable include info such as name, assetgroup, serial
numbers,
> > location, technical info, etc.  Fields populated when navigating
in
> > Axapta:  GL>Fixed Assets (highlight an asset)  See the
General/Tech
> > information/etc..tabs.
> >
> > The AssetBook contains info on the same asset, same navigation,
> click
> > on the "Value models" button. Fields include status, posting
layer,
> > acquisition price, Depreciation info such as life, life
remaining,
> last
> > time depreciation was last run (this get's auto updated each
time
> > depreciation is posted for that asset)
> >
> > The Assettrans are the transactions - i.e.
> > Acquisition/depreciation/disposals, etc... processed against
that
> asset.
> >
> > Equate the relationship between AssetBook/AssetTable with
> Assettrans to
> > the relationship between VendTable (includes all info on
vendors)
> and
> > the Vendtrans - actual transactions.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > :)
> >

> > --- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Kareem"
> > <behind_memories@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I want to know more about these two tables: AssetBook and
> AssetTrans.
> > >
> > > I know that AssetTrans contains all the transactions of fix
> assets,
> > but
> > > how is it related to AssetBook? I noted that not all
transactions