Hi Steve,

  AtlasXl is really a pain as I have been having. FIrst one is, no good support
from next innovation. Second thing is: it does not work properly with Ax4.0. I
tried to load  Item external description, it just looks/points to zipcode.

  One and foremost thing is, it does not use Axapta security groups and
permissions. For example, I have given limited permission to a user. The user
is still able to insert/update all the listed main tables via atlas xl Login
....This disappointed me a lot.. Or just data export wise, yes its good..but
for just data import , if the std import does not support my requirements, I
rather prefer to write scripts using X++...

  All I wanted to say is VERY BAD support...

  I thought of sharing my exp...for atlasxl with Ax4.0. I hope my comments can
be taken in a friendly manner!

  thanks,
  subbu

Steve Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Use General Ledger general journal or all opening balances.

Step 1. For GL, bring in balances per period per account (so you can use
AX for prior period comparisions).

Step 2. For customers, one line in the journal per open invoice (the
offset account is your customer control account in the GL). The
control account is used as the offset so the net effect on it (the
control account) is zero. It needs to be zero as step one (above) has
the correct balance in it already.

Step 3. For vendors, one line in the journal per open invoice, the
offset account is your vendor control account)

Try using www.atlasxl.com.au It allows you to import AX journals from
Excel. Get your data from the old system into Excel and then use Atlas
xl to create and import the AX journals. Atlas xl handles number
sequences and validation for you.

Regards

Steve