Thanks guys ... everyone was a great help.. Thanks

  I am following what Steve said in his earlier email:

  1)  For GL opening balances, I am making one journal voucher, with entries
from previous year's Trial Balance, and posting it on the last date in the
previous year (in this case, 31st Dec 2006). System does not allow me to post
in the Closing Period of 2006. Never the less, I post it on 31st Dec and then
run the year end routine, it generates the opening balances for next year i.e.
2007. (I do not need period comparison so I posted all on one date)

  2) For AR, AP balances (Custome and Vendor Balances), I generated the same
kind of Day Journal in GL, with Account type Vendor/Customer and appropriate DR
or CR amounts. In the offset account for these, I selected the corresponding
Summary posting account (that we set in AR/AP --> Setup --> Posting Profile -->
Setup Tab --> Summary Account) in AX 3.0. In the step 1 above, I did not
include the balances of these summary accounts, since I am assuming they will
be pushed by the entries in step 2, hence matching the previous year's trial
balance that we have on the older system.

  I plan to run year end closing after doing both step 1 and 2 and am hoping
things fall in place :)

  Please please please giude me if I am going wrong anywhere or if there is a
better way to do it.

  Thanks and Regards

Subbu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          Hi faiqa and Vivek,

I guess Steve didnt say that we can not import opening balances using
std Axapta. What he recommended is to use another data import tool
similar to std axapta import. As you are aware. Atlas XL is an add on
product to Axapta and can do many things that Std excel you mentioned
can,t perform.

Morever he knows what he is talking on as he has been an excellent
contributor to axapta in many forums as I have been a silent watcher
of his posts!. I used Connectivity studio/COnvsersion
studio/watermark platform for 3.0 and started using AtlasXL for some
financial stuff...
what I mentioned is having an issue with AtlasXL with the support
system as support folks are not aggresive
..

Anyway, I hope the thread originator Hardees got the sufficient help
even though he is silent :-)

Thanks,
Subbu

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "Faiqa Khushi"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>

> I had imported the openings without using any 3rd party tool. AX
provides
> the facility to import and export excel sheet from the system. We
can get
> the tables by right click (setup) on any form and then can import
or export
> those tables .(Administration >> Periodic>>Data export /import>>
Excel
> Spreadsheets)
>

> For GL and vendor balances use following tables:
>

> LedgerJournaltable
>
> LedgerJournalTrans
>

> For customer balances :
>

> CustinvoiceLine
>
> Custinvoicetable
>

> Regards,
>
> Faiqa

vivek sharma
> Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:39 PM
> To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: RE: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Uploading Opening Balances
>

> Hi Steve,
> It is better to talk abt Atlas why dont we do it only only in Axapta
> withoutAtlas can u let me know how we can do it??? I am also new
pls help me
> out...
> Regards
> Vivek
>
> Steve Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:steve%40globesoftware.com.au> > wrote:
> Hi Subbu
>
> Sorry to hear about your support issues.
>
> Atlas was developed for AX 2.1 and supports 2.5, 3.0 and 4.0.

from us
> yesterday. Your import definition can have a user group or ax user
id
> assigned to it, only users in this group (or specific userid) can
then
> use the import. Security needs to be placed in AX at a table level
and
> not a menu level. The thing to remember about Atlas and AX
> security...all access to AX is controlled by AX security keys, the
> product itself does no database access itself. If your ax
permissions
> do not allow it (updating, reading) then you will see the normal
> "insufficient access rights" error. I will correspond with Next
> Innovation more on this.
>
> Re:loading external item descriptions getting confused about zip
> codes...forward screen pictures to Next Innovation or our support
desk
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:support%40atlasxl.com.au>
>
> Regards
>
> Steve.
>
> Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
> <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>

has
> the correct balance in it already.
>
> Step 3. For vendors, one line in the journal per open invoice, the
> offset account is your vendor control account)
>
> Try using www.atlasxl.com.au It allows you to import AX journals
from
> Excel. Get your data from the old system into Excel and then use
Atlas