Hello James,

I can't answer your question regarding planned orders but we are doing
something similar so I thought I'd describe that and maybe it is of
some help.

We know our batch number when we create the sales order - in fact we
are using the sales order number as the batch number.
So when a sales order line is created, we have modified the code to go
to the batch number table and create a new line.
The modified code then also inserts the batch number in the existing
field on the sales order line.

At the moment we are always creating a production order from the sales
order.
We do not use planned orders in our process.
And the batch number is automatically passed from the sales order to
the production order (this is standard Axapta functionality).
I do not know whether this same facility exists to pass the batch
number to a planned order and then on to the purchase order - sorry.

I should also add that our modified code has a bug we have not yet
been able to isolate, where occassionaly, the batch number, although
created, does not get added to the sales order.
This is each to then add at receiving time so is not a huge issue for
us - probably partly why we haven't fixed it yet.

Regards - Steve
AX 3.0 SP2

--- In Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com, "James Flavell"