  _____

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of nevittsf
Sent: 11 October 2008 00:12
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Misc charges to thrid party

--- In Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>
[EMAIL PROTECTED], ASHWANI JAIN
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi James,
> In Axpata version (Indian localization) prior to Ax40 SP2, there
was an option to post TP invoice under posting button.
> But now that has been removed in SP2 (Indian localization) and
hence it requires another process to post the invoice journal
manually for Third party vendors.
> Thanks,
> Ashwani Jain

India localisation there was a feature to link 3rd party invoices to
an existing PO invoice but AX.40 SP2 and onwards this features was
removed (or is it because India localisation does not exist for AX4.0
SP2 yet?) and now requires a 2 step procedure using Misc Charges?
> I am just interested to know as this is often a request by
customers to do such additional costs in one step rather than the
Misc charge approach
> Thanks
> James
>
> ________________________________
Knowledge- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com] On Behalf Of ASHWANI JAIN
> Sent: 04 October 2008 14:48
> To: Axapta-Knowledge- [EMAIL PROTECTED] ups.com
> Subject: Re: [Axapta-Knowledge- Village] Misc charges to thrid party
>

> Hi Kavitha,
> On which version of AX, you are working on??
> If you are working on Ax3.0 with indian localization, then you will
get this feature.
> In case of Ax4.0 till SP1 and indian localization, same feature is
there as working in Ax 3.0.
> In case of SP2, this is handled using the misc. charge option.
> In Standard AX 3.0 or upto SP1 (without localization) , there is no
feature as such, but it can be handled using work around:
> Using misc. charge, post charges to some XYZ account as Credit, at
the time of PO posting.
> And for any such charges to be posted to vendor (Different from PO
vendor), a payment invoice journal can be posted to capture invoice
against vendor, with offset account as the account "XYZ" which is
specified at Misc. charge setup.
> So in this way, finally the third party vendor will get credited
and interim account (XYZ) will get nullified.
> Thanks,
> Ashwani Jain

Item price is 1000 and freight charges Rs.100 this cost is added to
item cost and if i select vendor in mis charges group charges are
posting to Item vendor I dint find any option to post the charges to
third party (another vendors). It means inventory cost 11000 item
vendor 1000, third party (transport vendor 1)Rs. 50 another
transport vendor Rs.50
> can any body help me out how to do this..
> Thanks in Advance
> Kavitha
>
> Hi All

Example: The AP PO invoice is in USD. I am using Fed Ex (Canada) to
do the shipping. I will pay them directly. I put the charge on the
invoice. The Misc. charges code I use is debit to a GL account and
credit to an account for Fed Ex Canada. When the invoice is posted
the entry is made to the Fed Ex Canada account in Canadian currency.

When the monthly invoice is received from Fed Ex Canada I will debit
the Fed Ex Canada account.

Is this your scenario?

Is this how your process will look?

If yes - then how does the user audit the invoice from Fed Ex Canada?

http://messenger. <http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/> yahoo.com/invite/