I guess MS is shifting the version control problems from themselves to
partners/customers

I dont mind to have a layer rather than apply 101 xpos to get up to date but
I guess having layers released frequently (even on the same day from what I
remember) is a little too much

I would like that MS improves:
1) KB so that it is possible to search and find fixes better for a
particular issue and then the KB has a link to both the layer it is in as
well as an XPO of the objects fixed in that layer

MS could put a disclaimer that the XPO used by itself might screw you since
it might contain other bits from other fixes etc but at least then I could
compare the XPO myself and probably find the 1 line of code that needs
fixing and just add that to my application rather than have to planout a
full blown layer 'upgrade'

Personally I have asked MS support to give me the objects in a DIS layer for
a problem I had but even they have yet to give an answer (i.e. it seems even
they can't get good results out of the KB either)

Thanks
James

  _____