From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karen
Sent: 28 March 2009 16:46
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re: Replacing label file in AX3.0

hi James
AX3.0 uses double-byte and you will not be able to make the labels show up
proper characters on the menu items and tab captions and menu item buttons
etc, though some of the labels will be ok on the forms and as for data, you
need to set the database collation and code page in control panel > regional
settings and install the ime pack for Chinese. when running the ime, in some
cases, the input editor doesn't appear where the mouse focus is so it can be
quite annoying to the user. you will also need to change the font in the
options to use Tahoma, if i remember correctly, for your reports. after
doing all this, i believe some elements of the UI will still show traces of
gibberish. i would recommend an upgrade to 4.0 SP1 at the very least in
order for your CN application to work as designed..
regards,Karen

--- In Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>
vill...@yahoogroups.com, "James Flavell" <djf1...@...> wrote:

> Thanks Malcom
>
> I did a quick test and seem to be able to move an AX4.0 label file to
AX3.0
> by deleting the first few characters in the ald file.
> All seems well :)
>
> BUT I realised maybe there is a major flaw in my plan :( ... because the
> Chinese label file in AX4.0 is I think unicode but I dont think AX3.0 can
> support this right?
>
> If I open the AX4.0 chinese ald file with notepad on my windows xp (which
> has the east asia fonts installed) I see chinese but when I start up AX3.0
> with the same file its just the individual ASCII characters I see :(
>
> Is there some startup parameter for AX3.0 I need? Or is it really that
Ax4.0