Okay sounds like maybe the cancels and reclose (if done several times and
onthe same dates) might be the cause
But sorry I dont have any way to confirm this is the case

  _____

From: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:axapta-knowledge-vill...@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of edwardjosling
Sent: 07 July 2009 16:00
To: Axapta-Knowledge-Village@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Axapta-Knowledge-Village] Re:Inventory closing adjusting already
closed transactions

Hi James

Using version 3.0 SP6.

Closing was done on the 30/04/2009. The next closing was done on the
31/5/2009. Various cancellations/re-closings happened on both these dates.
When investigating cost of sales, I reconciled the difference to the closing
adjustments (which is normal). By looking at the specific item transactions
in question, I discovered that although some issues (sales order) was
financially closed on 30/4/2009, settlements (adjustments) still was done on
these transactions on the 31/5/2009. To me this do not make sense?

Eddie

--- In Axapta-Knowledge- <mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com>
vill...@yahoogroups.com, James Flavell <djf1...@...> wrote:

> So Edward what version are you using, what have you done (e.g.
> canceling close) and what do you see happening?
> I have not seen the problems I have heard about canceling closing but
> to be honest I have managed to now have to do too many cancels
>
> On Jul 5, 2009, at 2:19 PM, edwardjosling wrote:
>

> > "Closed" in this instance refer to the the particular inventory
> > transaction (receipt and issue) to be financially closed, i.e. is
> > has been fully settled. Thus the transaction will be date stamped
> > with the particular closing date.
> >
> > I must concur that there should be no ways that such a transaction
> > can be further adjusted.
> >
> > I have read that some problems have occurred in Ax 3.0 when closings
> > have been cancelled. I wonder if this could be my problem...
> >
> > --- In Axapta-Knowledge-
<mailto:Axapta-Knowledge-Village%40yahoogroups.com> vill...@yahoogroups.com,
"James Flavell"
> > <djf1994@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Sorry to add but please define what you mean by closed?
> > >
> > > If you close inventory does not mean that the inventory trans in
> > that period
> > > are all closed (the field on the inventrans called Open becomes No).
> > >
> > > If the inventtrans is not closed then of course you can do
> > adjustment and
> > > end up affecting it. If the inventtrans is closed then there
> > should be no
> > > way for you to touch that transactions (unless you cancel closing
> > and then
> > > of course it is no longer closed)
> > >

> > > _____
> > >
> > > From: Axapta-Knowledge-