> Senaka Fernando wrote:
>> Hi Samisa, Manjula, and Milinda,
>>
>> Yes, this is what we should be doing. But, we do have users who use
>> Axis2/C server side with .NET or Java client side. Just within the last
>> week only I replied to two people on the user list. Their concern is
>> about
>> using the C service with say a .NET client.
>>
>> These users are beginners when it comes to WS. They need wsdl files to
>> be
>> there so that they can access our services from clients in other
>> languages. I think we must be helpful to such people too.
>>
>> This doesn't mean we need the static WSDLs deployed per service. But, at
>> least a WSDL file for each service. That is my concern.
>>

> How does having wsdls for all services solve that problem? I think it
> would not solve the situation.
> What they want is writing a service with a WSDL, and they can use the
> WSDL2C tool to do that. And all that we need to have is a single sample
> to show how to do that. Bloating all samples with WSDLs does not solve
> the problem.

I agree to this fact. But, the intention is to assist a user who wants to
try to the Axis2/C server side using a .NET or Java client.

According to the present situation, users are either forced to first write
a .NET/Java service and generate a wsdl, or else to use some popular wsdl
available online.

I think we must not make things so complicated for someone who's a
beginner. At least the three services, echo, mtom and notify, do need
WSDLs.

This is crucial, especially for folks who need to tryout Axis2/C and make
a choice whether they could use Axis2/C as the server side.

Also, this scenario here is not writing a service out of a WSDL but,
rather trying out our server side with another client. On the other hand,
it is a known fact that Axis2/Java is also required to get the codegen
tool running.

Therefore, once we get the default WSDL location scenario working, I
believe that we can make WSDLs for popular sample services such as echo,
mtom, and notify and have them deployed too, without much of a hassle.

Regards,
Senaka