Be careful of gSOAP's license because gSOAP uses three licenses: GPL, gSOAP public license and commercial license. (You mentioned "production environment", and AFAIK GPL is not friendly for "production environment".)

From: "Xiong, Zhikang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <axis-c-user@ws.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Problem in C++ interaction to java webservice over SSL
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 17:14:53 -0500

I just changed my program to use Axis-C 1.5 (it was 1.6b before), and it stopped working! I then did a search and found this is a bug in 1.5 for SSL web service, someone found it and already had a fix for it: http://www.mail-archive.com/axis-c-user@ws.apache.org/msg01257.html. Apparently, this fix has been included in 1.6b, but we can't use it in production environment since it's a beta release.

Does anyone know when Axis-C 1.6 will be released? If I can't wait for that, I probably need to try another toolkit (like gSoap).

Thanks,
Jude