Subra A Narayanan wrote:
thanks samisa.

where would i store such a flag? service group context like in the add.c example from sg_math service?
Nop, if you do that, I think you will get the same problem again.
I think you may have to use a database to do that. Savan module, the WS-Eventing module, came across such a problem and used sqlite.

Can someone please explain how it was done in Savan?

In the mean time, the matter is discussed on dev list, and would have a solution for this.

Thanks,
Samisa...

On 10/11/07, *Samisa Abeysinghe* <[EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:

    Subra A Narayanan wrote:
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > I have run in to an issue which I can't seem to figure out. In
    my init
    > method in the service skeleton I call the initialization routine of
    > one of the libraries that my web service uses. I notice in my logs
    > that the library initialization function is being called 8
    times. This
    > corresponds to the number of apache processes that are running.
    This is a problem yet to be solved in Axis2/C. See
    http://damithakumarage.wordpress.com/2007/09/23/an-axis2-c-design-issue/.
    This is a pending issue that needs to be fixed.
    The workaround for the time being would be to use some persistent
    storage to keep a flag and call the init routine based on the flag
    value.

    Samisa...

    > This is causing a lot of issues because I was under the impression
    > that my web service init function is called only once when the first
    > request comes in. My library sets up some resources which I want to
    > share among all processes. Can this be done?
    >
    > In Axis2/Java there is a way to specify scope for the webservice
    > (request, session, application) in the services.xml file? can
    > something similar be done in Axis2/c? I took a look at the
    axis2c code
    > and saw that there is an enum called axis2_scope defined. Is it used
    > for the same purpose as in Axis2/Java?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > Subra

-- Samisa Abeysinghe : WSO2 WSF/PHP
    "

http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php?WSO2&nbsp;Web&nbsp;Services&nbsp;Framework%2FPHP&nbsp;-&nbsp;Open&nbsp;source&nbsp;PHP&nbsp;extention&nbsp;for&nbsp;providing&nbsp;and&nbsp;consuming&nbsp;Web&nbsp;services&nbsp;in&nbsp;PHP

<http://wso2.org/projects/wsf/php?WSO2&nbsp;Web&nbsp;Services&nbsp;Framework%2FPHP&nbsp;-&nbsp;Open&nbsp;source&nbsp;PHP&nbsp;extention&nbsp;for&nbsp;providing&nbsp;and&nbsp;consuming&nbsp;Web&nbsp;services&nbsp;in&nbsp;PHP>"

    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>