________________________________
> Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 08:37:01 -0700
> Subject: Re: How best to transform a XML file into a message.
> To: axis-c-user@ws.apache.org
>
> Sam,
>
> IMHO, it isn't worth doing web services unless you use the autogenerated
> code. I learned from experience to stop hand jamming xml. If your WSDL
> changes, you want to re-autogenerate the plumbing code on both your client
> and server side ... and with any luck, any code changes you have are isolated
> in the code you had to write in order to use the objects generated on your
> client side.

I spent a lot of time with the C generated code and never did get it to work
well I so went back to java axis and everything pretty much worked right away.
But, the reason for mentioning this now, is that I have subsequently
found that our service provider often updates the WSDL file. This turns
out to be fine in java since I can diff the wsdl files, re generate
the class files unless there is something gross that has been changed, and
then almost all of my reflection-invoked code still runs: I can archive,
upload, and download things in a complete and consistent manner by just
looking for public get/set methods.

Is there some similar facility in the C- axis to reflection invokation?
I guess if you put all that in a DLL/SO you can load the library of your choice.
With java, if I really need to, I can point the class path to pick up
either the current or prior WSDL class files with little effort.

Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Now available on your iPhone or BlackBerry