Steve Loughran wrote:

> Davanum Srinivas wrote:
>
>> Should we break out the DOM2/DOM3 stuff from xml module? just like we
>> did for saaj?
>>

> well, the issue is that both the OMElement and the SAAJ stuff declare
> that they implement the dom interfaces, and you cannot build them on
> java1.5 without marking every impl class as abstract. So I dont think
> 'breaking out' is something
> we can do.

This is COMPLETELY wrong idea. OM has nothing to do with dom impl.

Actually I wanted to point this out earlier, but since Ruchith is doing
some important stuff, I kept quiet. I don't think dom impl stuff belongs
to OM. Its an extension of OM. This has made people to comment wrong on
OM, which Steve just did.

As Dims stated, its better if we can strip this out from OM.

-- Chinthaka