sorry! I missed that was looking just at the JAX-WS PDF...Sure, it is
possible for axis2 and axis to co-exist. So that should be ok as well.

-- dims

On 5/23/06, Jeff Barrett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Howdy Dims,

I believe the Java EE 5 spec mandates support for BOTH JAX-RPC and JAX-WS.  It includes sections on
"Java API for XML-based RPC (JAX-RPC) 1.1 Requirements" and "Java API for XML Web Services
(JAX-WS) 2.0 Requirements" as well as "Web Services for Java EE 1.2 Requirements" (i.e.
JSR-109 v1.2) which describes both JAX-RPC and JAX-WS deployment.

 Thanks,
 Jeff

 IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
 Phone: 512-838-4587 or Tie Line 678-4587
 Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 "Davanum Srinivas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

05/23/2006 01:31 PM

Please respond to
 axis-dev@ws.apache.org

To axis-dev@ws.apache.org

cc

Subject Re: [Axis2] Geronimo integration?

The new J2EE spec does not have any JAXRPC...it does have JAX-WS and
 SAAJ. So we should be able to write a layer on Axis2 for JAX-WS. There
 is a lot of code already in Geronimo for example for JSR 109. which we
 can reuse. WSM Project in BeeHive can be used for JSR 181. Question
 mark is JAXB2...only choice right now there is the Sun's RI. Other
 than that, we are pretty much all set to help write the JAX-WS layer.
 Yes, we need warm bodies on both sides :)

 Thanks for starting this thread.

 -- dims