On Wed, 2006-08-16 at 14:43 -0500, Lori Van Gulick wrote:

> Vote: Accept the changes for JIRA-965 as an interim solution.

I don't like this .. this is an API change and once we do it we can't
remove it.

So I'd prefer to fix it properly and am -1 for it.

Do you guys need this for 1.1 or can it wait until after 1.1? Why can
there not be a private API that does this same function but does not go
into the main API right now?

Ajith's point is relevant too- unless this is followed thru to codegen
then I don't see why a separate class can't be used.

(I'm sorry I haven't been more responsive .. I'm been totally swamped
with ApacheCon Asia stuff and just haven't been able to keep up.)

Sanjiva.