Have a look at this issue too...

Thanks,
Thilina

On 10/5/06, Thilina Gunarathne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Deepal,
See my comments inline...
> Seems good , but make unnecessary complication. Right now if I fixed a
> bug it takes about 40 mins to run the build , but after this I have to
> spent more than an hour (need to run two separate builds). Do you think
> this is a good idea ?..
No.. You don't want to run both builds unless you want to... It'll be
really nice if everybody doing commits to the branch commits them back
to the trunk at the same time.. But I figured out realistically this
is not going to happen... So you are better off running the build of
the branch..

Of course we need to  merge the branch and trunk after the release,
which is going to be really pain full... But for the moment we have to
live with this... Also IIRC there were some developers who volunteered
to do this..

> I never agree to have branches , since I knew it going to be difficult
> task for developers. Even in last Axis2 realsae (Axis2 1.0) we didnt do
> a branch and we did that after we done the release.
Now we have a group of developers who are developing things which are
not going to go in to the release. They have requested for a separate
branch[1] if the code+feature freeze is going to take long.. We can't
keep them blocked for long...

thanks,
Thilina